Elite bowlers use positive self-talk to maintain confidence in their game. At the elite level, you need to believe in every move and change. So, they utilize positive statements in order to focus positive energy in daily practice as well as in tournaments.
Elite bowlers use positive self-talk to maintain confidence in their game. At the elite level, you need to believe in every move and change. So, they utilize positive statements in order to focus positive energy in daily practice as well as in tournaments. In addition, these help to shape the culture of team bowling. In February 1991, Team USA created self-affirmations. Here are 25 of these positive self-talk statements (USA Bowling):
1. I carry everything (ICE);
2. I didn’t lose; I got beat;
3. I’ve practiced enough and I’m ready for this competition;
4. I’m ready to give it my best;
5. I always stay calm and make appropriate adjustments;
6. I am a hard worker at practice;
7. I get the most out of every practice session;
8. I maintain the same level of intensity on every shot;
9. I’m a champion class player and person;
10. I observe my ball reaction and make the right adjustments;
11. I always have a relaxed, natural arm swing;
12. I have a loose, smooth, free-flowing, powerful motion;
13. I am a winner;
14. No lane beats me. I can always figure them out.
15. I prepare for the unexpected;
16. I’m ready to show people how good I am;
17. I’m alert, aggressive, confident and in control.
18. I’m working on my release and it’s getting better and better;
19. I have the best mental game and equipment for all lane conditions;
20. I always play to the highest level of my abilities;
21. My teammates are helpful and beneficial to my game;
22. I’m your teammate, and I’m here for you, no matter what;
23. I am an asset to my team and they are an asset to me;
24. We have total confidence in each other;
25. I am positive and helpful in all my experiences to my teammates.